Thursday, December 5, 2013

Inspired

Today one of my students inspired me.  She had brought in a poster board with photos that she wanted to share with the class during Morning Meeting.  When it was her turn, her face lit up as she shared the photographs and the stories behind them.  She explained that it was a timeline of milestones of her life.  During questions and comments, a fellow classmate asked why she created it and when did she do it. In my head I was thinking it must have been a project for a previous school year. She replied that she had just created it over Thanksgiving break and she just wanted to share it with us. It got me thinking about my #nerdlution-  carving out creativity time.  She didn't get stuck on making her poster perfect like I find myself doing when I write.  She just created.  In creating, she showed us what brings her joy.  I am envious and inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment