Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Significant Moments

For the past couple of years, I have been using the Prayer Process by Matthew Kelly.  Recently I have been reflecting on how to capture the impact of step 3, significant moments.  

Yesterday I listened to a podcast by Jon Gordon and James Clear in which James's book Atomic Habits was discussed.

A collision of ideas.  

2 minute rule

(Been challenging myself to change my bed time routine. 
I can do anything for 29 days. 
A month ago, I returned the cable box that was in my bedroom. 
No more watching television as I try to fall asleep. 
Done.
Now I have an additional tweak, as a result of listening to James.
I put the book that I am reading on my pillow case.)

Last night, after having stayed up to see the ball drop, 
I climbed into bed, 
my head hit the book, 
my hand reached for the book light, 
and I read.
A page of ideas digested
then time for sleep.

And as I awoke this morning, 
I realized that I could apply the 2 minute rule
to further capture significant moments. 
Carve 2 minutes from my morning routine to capture 
what I have spent time in prayer reflecting on.
What did I experience yesterday, and 
What might God be trying to tell me? 

Significant Moments meet Atomic Habits.

So for the next 29 days, 
I am going to blog about my significant moments 
And see where it takes me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment