Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Balance

As we were getting the dog ready to go on our nightly gratitude walk, she casually stated "I think I have figured out my one word for the new year." 
Before Christmas, I had placed a copy of One Word That Will Change Your Life on her pillow. 
"Oh.  What have you decided on?" 
"Balance." 
"That is a great word.  I had that as mine a few years ago."
"Should I change mine?" 
"No. One words are words that fit for that person right now.  Right now, balance fits you.  This year my one word is preparations." 
And with that we set out on our nightly gratitude walk, continuing our conversation.
Both of us taking steps in meeting, focusing, and embracing our one word. 
Grace finding balance between the demands of work and self-care,
And for me, 
mentally preparing as she is prepares to launch. 



No comments:

Post a Comment