Sunday, January 6, 2019

Intentions

Reading compels me to consider the word ... aspire

Walking with purpose in the early morning darkness,
        a daily routine to set my intention, 
                 for the past 18 months, 
                       now. 

Thoughts interrupted and expanded.

Setting is casting, 
         casting an anchor into the sea of fast-moving currents,

The anchor bringing me back to the intention.

What is the intention calling me to accomplish?   
To aspire, 
        to notice, 
                    to return, 
                                to practice. 

Significant moments also calling me 
To aspire, 
        to notice, 
                    to return, 
                                 to practice mindfulness.



(This post was inspired by a reading selection from Mindful Teaching and Teaching Mindfulness A Guide For Anyone Who Teaches Anything by Deborah Schoeberlein) 
 



                   



Previously I 

   
        setting 

When casting my intention

 


No comments:

Post a Comment