Saturday, March 16, 2019

Celebratory Donuts

A typical Saturday, went to Bikram Yoga, ran some errands, came home, tidied up a bit, and then my son and his girlfriend came over. 

We hung out as a family, catching up on our week since we were last together.  As we sat in the kitchen, having just devoured a tray of Chik Fila chicken strips, my husband came home from visiting his mom. 

There was a box of Duck Donuts on the table.  Duck Donuts is a treat that we have when we are in the Outer Banks.  It is rare for us to have them any other time of year.

My husband bounds into the kitchen and yells "Duckie donuts!"
Danny says "They are celebratory donuts.  We are engaged."

There was so much going on at one time. It took a moment to register. 

"What did you just say?" I asked. 

Kayla held up her hand and and displayed the ring. 

I wish I had recorded the moment.  We all looked at each other and broke out into wide smiles, hugging each other. 

"I think I should say welcome to the family.  However, you have been part of our family from the beginning. I am so happy for you."  


1 comment: