Sunday, March 17, 2019

Spiritual Journal

Quietly writing 
in my spiritual journal. 

When I finish writing this morning's reflection, 
I read my entry 
from last year's spiritual journal.

The number in the left hand corner catches my eye. 
126. 
On March 17, 2018, 
126 was the total number of days
in the streak of writing in my spiritual journal. 

Quickly adding 365 to that number, 
the streak stands at 491 days today, 
reading,
reflecting, 
writing, 
reading, 
reflecting, 
in my spiritual journal. 

6 comments:

  1. That is an amazing accomplishment. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is commitment! Congratulations! How do you feel your life has changed as a result?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! I echo Jaana's question. Is this meditation? Are you discovering new aspect of your thought patterns and beliefs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine the process of reading your journal is as meaningful as time spent writing in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I wonder if you would like to join our Spiritual Journey 1st Thursday writing group. If interested let me know. Each month one of the writers under the leadership of author Irene Latham posts a topic and we all write. Our thoughts are collected at the host's site. (my email address is cvarsalona@gmail.com, Twitter @cvarsalona)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am noticing the significant moments and reflecting on the call and the impact.

    ReplyDelete