Sunday, March 10, 2019

New to Me

A little background information. In the beginning of 2018, I read an article about a year of no shopping. I became intrigued.  Often I would go walk around the closest store to me and just browse for nothing in particular.  Sometimes I would buy something, sometimes not.  The whole concept of time wasted just browsing for something I didn't need hit home.  Plus I had enough clothes already.  So I clarified what the challenge would look like for me.  

I decided that I would not buy any clothes for a year, the effect being that I did not spend any time browsing. Instead I spent that time with my family, reading, decluttering, and being present.  

At the beginning of this year, I decided to extend my streak for another year. Thinking that as I start to notice items that need to be replenished, I would create a list and at end of year decide if I need to shop.

Today my son's girlfriend brought over 4 shopping bags filled with clothes she no longer wears.  Jackpot!  I have started to go through the bags and have selected a few new to me items. I am grateful for her thinking of me.  Now I know that I can continue the no clothes shopping challenge for probably two more years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment