Saturday, March 9, 2019

Family Gatherings

Today I attended a family gathering celebrating my Uncle's 80th birthday.  Stories abounded, whether catching up or reminiscing, connecting or reconnecting. 

As I listened to my aunts tell stories about my parents, I was grateful that I still had them as a resource to learn more about my parent's, as they have been gone for a long time. 

I was reminded how fortunate I was to have them, as they were my greatest cheerleaders.  When I was younger, I became involved with swimming.  As I talked with my aunt, she shared with me how my dad would tell everyone that someday my sister and I would be in the Olympics.  He had such confidence that we would be successful in whatever we attempted-proud parents. 

So today as we gathered to celebrate my uncle, I also felt that through the stories that were shared, the lives of my parents were also celebrated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment