Sunday, March 6, 2016

Find Your Calling

Since the beginning of the year, I have been toying and experimenting with creating an illustrated discovery journal.  This is the entry I created today.  Each time I create an entry it feeds my artistic soul as well as giving me food for thought.  The hearts in this entry represent two practices that are important to me.  The first is the daily gratitude walk that I complete each evening.  The second heart symbolizes my yoga practice.  "Find Your Calling" should be the title for the next chapter in my life.  After completing my entry, I notice that I continue to ponder the meaning of the symbols I have chosen for my entry. In addition I refer back to my previous entries to see if there is a common thread or a message from my subconscious.  Seàrching for the unmistakeable touch of grace. 

6 comments:

  1. Smiling here. :-))) Art journaling is my friend as well and anytime I feel down, I head to my art journal table and start clipping away, gluing, painting, whatever calls and presto - you feel better! I hope that happens to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to journal! It's something I've always been interested in trying.. but I haven't done it yet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! What a great idea! I bet you will find some common themes before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was young, it was popular to send letters to special friends in this format. We called them "magazine letters." I still have a few special ones from the 70s. You're inspiring me to start a journal like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of the "magazine letters". I am now thinking of my entry as a letter to my future self.

      Delete
  5. When I was young, it was popular to send letters to special friends in this format. We called them "magazine letters." I still have a few special ones from the 70s. You're inspiring me to start a journal like that!

    ReplyDelete