Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Promises of Spring Break

"Ms. Kelly.  When I get back, I will look differently" called the third grader as his ride pulled out of the parking lot heading for spring break. 

"I am sure you will" I respond.  Then I got to thinking.  How will he look differently?  Will he get a haircut?  Grow?  Get braces?  

Eleven days.  Eleven days until we meet again at school.  For a third grader it must seem like a lifetime.  To a veteran teacher eleven days does hold a certain amount of promise-that I will be able to put attention on my house and myself.  I think when I get back I will look differently too.  I have a dentist and eye doctor appointment. I plan on getting my haircut and colored. I also plan on shopping for new clothes.  Plus I am heading to the beach for a few days to rest. 

Yes, when I get back I will look differently too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment