Saturday, March 12, 2016

Mother and Daughter and the Race Against Time

Back in the race again,
after a bout with plantar fasciitis
that started after a summer of living in flip flops.
Switching to Naots as I healed, 
until a book and a car door crushed my foot in the fall.
Five months of setbacks and healing. 
But I am back
and glad to be back. 
Taking time 
to take back time.
Running races 
with my daughter,
Setting goals
with my daughter
and sharing experiences
with my daughter.
Grateful to be back in the race against time 
with my daughter. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to run the 5k with your daughter after a bout with PF. I've had PF in both feet and it put a damper on my running. I completed a half-marathon today and felt like my PF was returning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your PF stays away. Other than sore thighs, I am feeling good today.

    ReplyDelete