Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Patiently Waiting

The end of the day part of the day
Which is just as hectic as the day.
Running here 
And running there, 
Just wanting to get home 
To start the other part of the day. 

The universe, and my car, has other plans for me, 
As I sit in the parking lot of the grocery store, 
Waiting....
For my coconut fruit bars to melt, 
Waiting...
To be rescued

The plan was to go home,  
Take my gratitude walk, 
Make dinner, 
Eat with whoever is home tonight,
And write my slice of life. 

The plan changed.
As I sit in the parking lot of the grocery store, 
I have written my slice of life, 
And am patiently waiting
To post, 
To walk, 
To make, 
And to be rescued.
I think I will have a coconut fruit bar.
Patiently waiting.




4 comments:

  1. I love how you added in the details about the coconut fruit bar in the middle and then at the end. Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long to be rescued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, what happened? Flat tire? Dead battery?

    I'm glad you got some unexpected writing time, though. And the end result was a great Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am wondering what happened. At least you had the coconut fruit bar to help you through it.

    Hope tonight goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Engine overheated on the first warm day of Spring.

    ReplyDelete