Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Family dinner

"So this is what family dinner looks like" my son teasingly says as he sits down at the table.

Family dinner is my favorite part of the day.  However, over the last 5 years it has changed.  For four of those years my daughter was away at college.  So there was an empty space at the table.  Now that she is home, it is my son who has been absent, as he now spends most of his time with his girlfriend.  We might catch a glimpse of him every so often.  But last night, all the places at the table were full, as was my heart. 

3 comments:

  1. You've captured bittersweet just perfectly, moving so swiftly from past to present, but saying all you need. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many transitions. This is a perfect focused slice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One tradition that I never kept of my mom's: family dinner. Nobody is ever home at the same time in our house! Work, school, scheduled activities, etc. Glad you all got together! Nice slice! Jennifer Sniadecki

    ReplyDelete