Sunday, March 15, 2015

Running your Race

What a day!  Ran a windy St. Patrick's Day 5k with family, friends, and 5,000 other participants with a start that consisted of running downhill.  Minutes into the race, I lost sight of my family.  Bobbing and weaving to avoid those who had become obstacles, I focused on my goals for the race and kept putting one foot in front of the other until I crossed the finish line.  I ran my race. 

Hours later, after rehashing each of our races and setting new goals, I start to think of my students and the importance of feedback and goal-setting.  The place I came in today was irrelevant, what mattered was reaching my personal goal- running my race. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Once I started running I thought of so many analogies between running and writing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete