Monday, March 30, 2015

Kindergarten masterpiece

"Sometimes I laugh so hard I cry," said a kindergartener as he was creating a sculpture using play dough and craft sticks. 

Upon hearing him say this nonchalantly to the kindergartener sitting next to him, I decided to hover nearby to hear the rest of the conversation.

He then proceeded to discuss the differences between store bought play dough and homemade playdough. When he noticed I was standing nearby, he asked  "Are you going to call this a masterpiece?" 

"Would you like to call it a masterpiece?" I asked. 

"Yes.  It's my masterpiece," he stated and proceeded to continue the conversation with his classmate.

Being a fly on the wall, made my day. 

2 comments:

  1. I love overhearing conversations like this one. Thanks for sharing it here.

    I know they're a bit younger than your kiddos, but you should check out the #overheardatpreschool on Twitter. It's quite amusing. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OverheardAtPreschool?src=hash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked #overheardatpreschool , the tweets put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete