Monday, March 23, 2015

Perfect Square

Art class began with reading 
A Perfect Square by Michael Hall.
PreK pointed, oohed, and aahed, 
Each time the square was torn, ripped, shredded, 
And turned into something else
Other than a perfect square.

I noticed that it continued...
PreK pointed, oohed, and aahed,
As they each drew a perfect square,  
Added more perfect squares, 
And turned it into something else
Other than a perfect square.

Art class ended with 
PreK proudly holding their drawings of a perfect square, 
Which had been transformed into something else
Other than a perfect square. 





7 comments:

  1. Love story embedded in the poem. Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love story embedded in the poem. Sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of Kylene Beers' and Bob Probst's Notice and Note signpost, Again and Again. Perfect use of it! Art class is so much fun! Jennifer Sniadecki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just researched Notice and Note and have put it in my TBR list. Always learning from others.

      Delete
  4. I love this book too! It sounds as if you and your students had a great time with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great lesson. I enjoyed your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great lesson. I enjoyed your creativity.

    ReplyDelete