Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sharing

Dog tired, 
Waiting for my second wind.
Looking back at my day.

The highlight- a kindergartener asked me to read 
The Pigeon Wants a Hot Dog.
At first he thought the pigeon wanted a hamburger.
He smiled and laughed,
And pointed to the pictures.
And when we were done, 
I asked if he wanted to check it out so 
He could read it with his mom. 
A smile crept across his face, 
And he hurried to the desk.
A moment later,
and he was sprawled out on the storytime carpet, 
Sharing the story with a classmate. 

Pigeon shares a hot dog with duckling, 
A teacher shares a story with a kindergartener,
The kindergartener shares it with a classmate, 
And when he gets home shares it with his mom. 
Sharing.
I am not so tired anymore. 


3 comments:

  1. It's all about perspective, isn't. Now you've made my day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sharing story! I LOVE the Pigeon! Even in 6th grade, we love to revisit those fun stories of our youth (like 6th graders are so old, right?) The circle of reading -- thanks for sharing with your kindergarteners! Jennifer Sniadecki

    ReplyDelete